Download Our Media Kit
Join Our Mailing List
We Specialize in SBA 504
We deliver the best experience possible for 504 first lien loans, interim 504 second lien loans, and 504 construction/renovation loans, because this is our sole focus.
We have a track record
We were founded by the most well-known, awarded, and experienced team in the SBA industry, so our speed and sophistication is second to none.
If you type “Fountainhead” into a search engine or look us up in a dictionary, you’ll find that the word means “an abundant source; a place where something begins.” This fits perfectly with our mission: to help Business Owners create wealth through commercial real estate ownership. We do this by providing the smartest financing possible to owners of every financially-healthy and well-run small and midsized business in America.
The Fountainhead Team Has Extensive SBA 504 Loan Experience
Get Started Now.
Founder Chris Hurn has been featured in …
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can I Use an SBA 504 Loan For?
These are just some of the eligible uses of an SBA 504 loan:
- Acquisition of vacant land
- Building construction
- Acquisition of existing buildings
- Major renovations and/or additions to existing buildings
- Purchases of capital equipment
- Associated costs such as title insurance, appraisals, environmental reports, surveys and other such costs
Do I Qualify for an SBA 504 Loan?
In general, to qualify as an eligible borrower for an SBA 504 loan, you must meet the following requirements:
- For-profit, non-publicly traded businesses
- Tangible business net worth (including affiliates) not to exceed $15 million
- Average net income of the business not to exceed $5 million over the previous two years
- Ownership must generally be comprised of 51% U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents (some exceptions apply)
How Do You Differ from Other Lenders?
Traditional Lenders will normally loan only 75% to 80% of the purchase price or the appraised value, whichever is less. This means you will be required to put anywhere from 20% to 25% equity into the deal, an amount that often times is not the best use of your capital. SBA 504 loans often times require only 10% equity with financing up to 90% of all eligible costs, including soft costs and closing costs. SBA 504 Loans are often times superior to conventional commercial loans as to the length of loans, competitive interest rates, balloon payments required, assumption of the loans, etc.
How Do I Apply?
Fountainhead takes pride in providing the highest level of customer service in the business and often times can provide you with an answer as to how we can help you within 24 hours. We have a streamlined application process and only require you to provide us with eight (8) basic documents in order to determine how our team of specialists can assist you.